Amaretto Chicken

We had this tonight... pretty good over rice, but I think I'd like it even better over linquine or egg noodles. But I am just a pasta freak... what can I say?

SERVES 3 -4 (Depending on how much you pig out!)

1/4 cup butter
3-4 boneless chicken breast halves (I used thighs because we like dark meat)
3 green onions, diced
1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon (I left this out because I didn't have any)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded gruyere, cheese
1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
1/4 cup capers

Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in large skillet over med high heat.
Brown chicken in butter quickly, remove to a baking pan.
Add the green onion and mushrooms with the garlic and tarragon. (If you used chicken breast you may need to add some more butter in order to brown the vegetables.)
Pour this over the chicken.
Heat the cream, cheese and amaretto in the pan, whisking rapidly.
Stir in capers then pour the sauce over the chicken.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Comments