Cheddar Cheese Soup with Zucchini, Broccoli and Carrots

It's been forever since I've blogged.... Life just gets too crazy sometimes.  Like now!

Lately I've been on a huge soup kick.  Seems to be all I think about... well that and risotto!  So I haven't actaully made this soup yet but it's on the grocery list for this week.  I'm sure it's going to turn out great!!

Cheddar Cheese Soup with Zucchini, Broccoli, and Carrots


2 Tablespoons butter

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 medium zucchini, grated

1 carrot, peeled and grated

1/2 onion, grated

1 head broccoli, chopped into mini florets

3 cups chicken broth

2 Tablespoons butter

1/4 cup flour

2 cups milk

2 cups grated cheddar cheese



In large saucepot, melt butter. Add garlic, zucchini, carrots, and onion. Saute until veggies are tender. Stir in broccoli and broth. Simmer until broccoli is tender. Meanwhile, melt butter in large pot. Whisk in flour and cook for a minute or two. Whisk in milk until smooth. Simmer until thickened. Whisk in cheddar cheese. Incorporate vegetable mixture into cheese sauce, whisking until smooth. Serve immediately.

Comments

  1. I finally made it and it was delicious! Even my 11 year old loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment