Spicy White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Dip

My love of food blogs and my love of soup is no surprise to anyone who knows me even slightly.  I obsess over new recipes and read food blogs as a form of entertainment.  And food magazines and cooking shows...  it never ends.  Hopefully the people I cook for benefit some from my obsession.  One of my favorite blogs is The Comfort of Cooking.  You can subscribe to her blog and get emails any time she updates it.  And she's on Facebook too!  Lately my obsession is with dip. I recently posted our latest favorite Double Bacon Cheeseburger Dip.  You really, really need to try it if you have not.  So recently I saw a post for Spicy White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Dip on... you guessed it, The Comfort of Cooking!  It was quick and easy and so good.  And even better the second day.  Morgan helped out and had fun putting in all the spices.  And she loves using the food processor.  She said if her plans to be a marine biologist change that she might consider becoming a chef.  Either one would be fine with Mom!  I just pray she makes good grades and gets good scholarships!  

Spicy White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup chopped roasted red peppers, pat dry
¼ cup cream cheese, softened
½ teaspoon coarse salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Directions
Place the beans, red peppers, cream cheese, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and adjust seasonings to taste.

Serve as is or refrigerate until later.

Comments