Chicken Asparagus

I had fresh asparagus and chicken breasts... I didn't want to do a roll up thing, especially since breasts are prone to drying out... so here is what I did. It was super yummy!

3 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise, seasoned with salt and pepper and browned on both side in olive oil/butter
1 lb fresh asparagus (blanched for a few minutes til they were almost soft)
1 yellow onion, chopped and sauteed in butter until soft and starting to carmelize

In the bottom of a baking dish (I used my pampered chef covered stoneware baker), I put the asparagus, then the chicken breasts and then the onions. On top of that I put a mixture of:

1 can of cream of chicken soup with herbs
1/2 cup light mayonaise
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I get the stuff in the deli section... noth that powdered stuff with the regular cheese. Get GOOD parmesan!)

I covered it and baked it for 25 minutes, then uncovered it and sprinkled about a cup of grated swiss cheese over the top and put it back in the oven until the cheese was all melted and gooey. Served it over bowtie pasta.

My family ATE it up! Good stuff. We'll be doing that one again for sure!

Comments