Pumpkin Dump Cake

I have to admit it... I don't like pie.  Never been a fan.  The only kind I like is my mom's crustless buttermilk pie that I get once a year at Christmas.  And I have to share with my cousin Terry... But he's not so bad, so I don't mind!  I love the flavor of pumpkin though... as long as it is not in pie form.  So we started making this dump cake a few years ago and now I make it in lieu of pie at Thanksgiving.  It's super easy.  Hope you enjoy it.

2 cans pumpkin
2 12 ounce cans of evaporated milk (3 cups)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
4 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cloves
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted

Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, cinnamon, ginger, eggs, sugar, salt and cloves together well.  Pour into a greased or sprayed 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with cake mix.  Drizzle with melted butter, then sprinkle with pecans.  (My daughter doesn't like nuts, so I only do half of the pan with nuts.)  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes. 

Comments