Potato Cream Cheese Soup

Today you get two soup recipes... Mostly because I am hungry right now.   Knowing that I made this one last night is almost enough to make me get out in the cold and drive home to get a bowl.  Should have brought some with me!   I have already posted my Roasted Jalapeno creation from yesterday.  I had it for lunch yesterday and finished off one bowl for dinner.  I knew I would still be hungry so I also made a batch of my new favorite potato soup.  This one is so easy and simple.  I have made it 3 times in the past two weeks.  I am going to start buying the cream cheese with the extra protein in it and use it to try to help my protein intake.  As you may have noticed most of my soups do not have meat in them.  I do use chicken or turkey stock and I try to make my own stock as much as possible.  I am not a vegetarian.  I just don't really care to eat meat.  This recipe comes together easily and has just a few ingredients.  It is my go-to comfort food during this cold weather that will not go away.  

Potato Cream Cheese Soup

4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 ounces of cream cheese, cubed (Or one container of extra protein cream cheese - they are 7 ounces)

Put potatoes, broth and seasonings in soup pot and bring to boil.  Boil over medium heat until potatoes are soft and tender.  Mash some of the potatoes to release the starchiness.  Reduce heat.  Stir in cream cheese and stir occasionally until cheese melts.  Serve immediately.  

You can top with some shredded cheddar cheese and some chives or even bacon if you wish.  I like it just as it is.  Nice, creamy and warm.  It fills me up and makes me happy.  Soup=happiness in my world. 

Comments